The Creative Director at Dragon360 is a strategist and visionary at the intersection of brand, business, and the customer journey. The Creative Director will own all creative output at the agency and, in conjunction with other leadership, the Dragon360 story and implementing creative best practices. They draw from a deep well of professional experience to galvanize audiences and elevate Dragon360’s work, thought leadership, and agency stature. The Creative Director champions superlative creative work and brand experience, and continually pushes the boundaries on what that means.
This is a leadership position that reports directly to the President + CEO. The Creative Director will work closely with other senior leaders across marketing/business development, media, ops, and tech to execute projects and roadmap agency needs. First and foremost, they have strategic chops and a multidisciplinary skill-set to grow, support, and mentor our fledgling creative team while collaborating cross-functionally to bring projects to life. The Creative Director has a unique ability to thrive in ambiguity and provide guidance and structure for others. They’ll synthesize information from a variety of sources to inform creative strategy and create clear, useful, and delightful experiences and campaigns for both the Dragon360 brand and our client partners.
Strategy, Planning, + Execution
- Executing large scale, multi-channel B2B and B2C marketing campaigns while providing overall direction on the narrative, visuals, brand voice, etc.
- Understand fully all the moving parts of a campaign and how they can be best integrated to achieve great outcomes.
- Research and develop campaign strategy from beginning to end including audience research, development of stories and themes, measurable impact (KPIs, goals, objectives), content ideation to support the story, architecture, and timelines.
- Leverage user research and insights to improve conversion and the customer journey.
Collaboration + Training
- Overseeing, guiding, and building creative ops functions—copy, visual design, video production, user experience—ensuring the highest level of consistency and quality of assets and experiences.
- Leading, motivating, inspiring, and growing creative team members.
- Collaborating with executives to solve problems and innovate while moving the agency forward.
- Defining and advocating for creative functions and how they intersect with workflows across the agency.
Business Development Support
- Creating thought leadership content alongside other executives.
- Helping to lead pitches and sell-in winning, strategic concepts that produce new business
- Brings in new opportunities through personal connections and network.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and nurturing a multi-functional team and delivering projects from start to finish.
- Experience as an editorial director, art director, or creative hybrid within advertising, design, marketing, or production.
- A strong record of developing and translating strategy into powerful, memorable, and purposeful creative concepts that achieve measurable business impact, elevate the work, and contribute to the agency’s creative culture and reputation.
- Understands the needs and nuances of copy, visual design, video production, user experience, and creative operations and how they intersect with each other.
- Can go from big picture to deep in the weeds in a blink of an eye, and know where they need to be when. Is as comfortable leading a team as they are rolling up their sleeves and jumping into production work.
- Comfortable with frequent context-switching: going from creative concepting and ideation to mentoring creatives to representing the creative team in cross-functional meetings, to selling in new business pitches.
- Exemplary written, oral, and presentation skills. Superior client-whisper-er that can translate and sell campaign concepts, strategies, and design decisions to the non-creative/business-focused.
- Deep understanding of user experience principles and empathy for the customer.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a passion for storytelling and innovation.
- Mastery of industry tools including: Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Asana or similar project management tools, etc.
Dragon360 ignites brands. We help our partners—some of the largest companies in the world—solve core business challenges with our people-first approach: unearthing insight, crafting opportunity, and igniting change. Fiercely independent since 2007, Dragon360 has evolved into a full-service digital marketing agency with team members around the world and headquarters in historic Kingston, NY.
Dragons are real.
It’s more than just a catchy line—it’s fundamentally how we operate day-to-day. At Dragon360, no idea is too small, and everyone has a seat at the table. Because our team of Dragons are united by our core beliefs:
- Be tenacious. Constantly think differently by making creativity and learning a practice. Craft compelling solutions—no matter the challenge.
- Get involved. Respect and value each other and all beings, and the environment and communities in which we live.
- Hold each other’s feet to the fire. Get it done, and do it well. Stay accountable, reliable, and offer as much encouragement as criticism to produce our collective best work.
- Dragons are real. Be authentic and transparent when dealing with each other and our partners. Own and learn from the wins and the losses.
- 75% contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule
- Fitness stipend
- Education stipend
- Local organic produce via our farm share (CSA)
- New client referral bonuses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Monthly volunteering opportunities
- Dog-friendly, loft-style office space with mountain views in walkable Uptown Kingston
- All the chocolate you can eat (We’re serious: we have a line item in our budget for it!)
Work remotely, or from our Kingston space in the beautiful Hudson Valley in the foothills of the Catskills (about 2 hours north of NYC).
Want to play with fire?
Send your book, showcasing proven, high-performing creative work that meets business, user, and brand needs, along with your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three reasons why you should be a Dragon to [email protected].