The SEO Manager is responsible for providing guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership for their SEO team members. They possess deep knowledge of the necessary foundations and best practices a brand should follow to maximize short-term gains, as well the ability to strategize on how to best utilize organic tactics to position a brand for continued long-term success. They can dive deep into data to analyze performance and make data-driven decisions to prioritize optimization efforts that will have the greatest impact on the clients bottom line. They are an important contributor to the development of products and services and their execution. They are pivotal in both helping individual team members grow and develop, as well as helping ensure the success of the client accounts they oversee.
Aligning to Dragon360 Goals
- Set clear goals that are achievable and roll up to the organizational goals, and keep the team on track to achieve them. This includes goals that:
- position the organization to be leaders in SEO by staying abreast of industry changes, identifying key insights from client successes, and ensuring that the SEO Team is able to apply these learnings,
- are specific to individual team members and growing their skills sets.
- Work closely in the development of products and services and help drive the product roadmap alongside the SEO team.
- Work with the Head of Operations and Head of Technology to improve processes for accounts and outcomes for clients.
Facilitating Team Growth
- Acts as a mentor and resource for information related to the industry and the day-to-day work being performed.
- Encourage and foster knowledge sharing between team members.
- Cultivate growth opportunities and skills development by working with the team to determine the areas of potential knowledge gaps, focus points of innovation and learning
- Attend team meetings to discuss ideas, new tools, workflows, testing, and changes in the industry, how those changes will impact our clients, and how to best communicate those impacts with clients, as well as disseminating to other internal departments.
- Determine, plan, and run team training around specific disciplines.
- Ensure smooth operation and effective collaboration within their team and discipline.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and find solutions to resolve or improve.
- Suggest and organize team building activities.
Facilitate Individual Growth
- Review and compile formalized performance feedback annually for each team member; work with them to maximize areas they show strengths in, and develop a plan to advance their skills in areas they need help in.
- Hold consistent regular check-ins with team members to go over individual goals and provide guidance and feedback on relevant topics.
- Act as a point of contact to assist with any issues, concerns, or general feedback.
- Provide Dragons with Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) when needed and follow up to ensure the Dragon is succeeding.
Client Nurturing & Strategic Development
Strategy & Execution
- Research and analysis of competitor sites as it pertains to their presence on the web.
- Audience analysis and keyword research to match user intent to inform strategies.
- Build technical SEO audits, evaluate impact versus effort, and make recommendations related to business goals that impact the client’s bottom line.
- Evaluate traffic and website data to identify technical issues with websites and provide solutions.
- Review and analyze websites, identifying areas for improvement and change, relative to a website’s organic performance in the search engines.
- Develop strategies for on-site organic tactics and optimize following best practices such as:
- Schema, URL structure and taxonomy, alt and title text, etc.
- Content strategies and planning that follow full-funnel, content clustering, or other approaches focused on driving results through the use of organic content.
- Develop strategies for off-site organic tactics:
- Local SEO, link strategies, customer service channels, etc.
- Write effective SEO optimized content and powerful calls-to-action that converts visitors.
- Provide consulting and support to the Account Strategist during strategy and ideation sessions for campaigns.
- Serve as a consultant to the advertising team, to assist with strategies that cross disciplines and maximize efforts collectively.
- Work with Account Lead and Project Managers in support of SEO related marketing efforts.
- Communicate with team on project development, timelines, and results.
- Work with and oversee freelancers/vendors where applicable.
- Oversee, provide guidance, and training to team members in associate roles as it pertains to SEO tasks, projects, and strategies.
- Work with Head of Operations to determine the best tools to utilize to improve processes for SEO services, maintain tools, and provide training to other Dragons.
- Internal and external training related to strategy, i.e. industry best practices, and consulting as needed.
- When requested, educate clients on best practices.
- Participates in the development and implementation of internal strategy policies, processes and standards
- Help team members at every level in the company with SEO strategic positioning of their client’s brand.
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of analytical and tracking solutions to enable multi-channel measurements; aligning them with determined KPIs.
- Analyze and resolve SEO specific account problems and issues that create roadblocks for achieving business goals.
- Continually analyze SEO strategies and optimize account activities to achieve business goals.
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation decks and other materials for clients; present to clients when requested.
Business Development Support
- Support and participate in pitches with new prospects.
- 5+ years experience in SEO management.
- Experience managing multiple accounts.
- Able to provide direction and quarterback a team.
- Ability to create an open team environment.
- Resolute decision making skills.
- Has strong delegation skills and can track and plan projects and activities effectively.
- Can analyze and diagnose problems and find solutions
- Possesses presentation skills and is confident in creating and running training sessions.
- Are highly effective communicators – can relay information in a clear way that gets people on the same page, and are able to speak directly and openly when needed.
- Ability to build trusted, strong interpersonal relationships.
- Understands the bottom line impact of their oversight and works to make sure efforts are aligned to Dragon360, balancing between the organization and the individuals.
- Deep working knowledge in:
- Search Console
- SEO Tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush
- Proficiency with:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to understand the bigger picture marketing strategies and how SEO specific strategies can roll up to affect positive change.
- Knowledge of paid advertising programs and ability to optimize data gathered from both organic and paid sources.
- Excellent research, organization and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to create meaning from data, identify trends, and make actionable decisions and recommendations.
- Solid understanding of best practices for website structures, usability, and coding.
- Continually seek to enhance and grow SEO skills to keep up with industry trends and overall marketing excellence.
Dragon360 ignites brands. We help our partners—some of the largest companies in the world—solve core business challenges with our people-first approach: unearthing insight, crafting opportunity, and igniting change. Fiercely independent since 2007, Dragon360 has evolved into a full-service digital marketing agency with team members around the world and headquarters in historic Kingston, NY.
Dragons are real.
It’s more than just a catchy line—it’s fundamentally how we operate day-to-day. At Dragon360, no idea is too small, and everyone has a seat at the table. Because our team of Dragons are united by our core beliefs:
- Be tenacious. Constantly think differently by making creativity and learning a practice. Craft compelling solutions—no matter the challenge.
- Get involved. Respect and value each other and all beings, and the environment and communities in which we live.
- Hold each other’s feet to the fire. Get it done, and do it well. Stay accountable, reliable, and offer as much encouragement as criticism to produce our collective best work.
- Dragons are real. Be authentic and transparent when dealing with each other and our partners. Own and learn from the wins and the losses.
- 100% contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule
- Fitness stipend
- Education stipend
- Local organic produce via our farm share (CSA)
- New client referral bonuses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Monthly volunteering opportunities
- All the chocolate you can eat (We’re serious: we have a line item in our budget for it!)
Want to play with fire?
Send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three reasons why you should be a Dragon to [email protected].