The B2B Digital Marketing Strategist has a business-minded background, and will have proven experience working closely with financial, SaaS, or technology clients to successfully develop and execute on digital strategy for clients. They combine their in-depth knowledge of marketing tactics along with a deep understanding of the client’s business and industry to forge effective campaigns and deliver recommendations that directly impact the bottom line. They develop a plan for how a brand is experienced through digital marketing initiatives and oversee the day-to-day execution of campaigns within the broader plan. They are progressive thinkers with a focus on driving growth for our clients and are fiercely adept at finding creative solutions to any problem or roadblock that might arise.
Digital Strategy + Planning
- Creation, execution, and management of both short-term and long-term campaign strategies with clear objectives that track back to KPIs that achieve the client’s goals
- Conduct research, interviews, and gather data: market opportunities, audience targets, competitive analysis, and current performance metrics.
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Advise on strategies with the client’s sales team that can help them meet marketing objectives
- Oversee client deliverables within a defined scope, timeline, and budget
- Conduct brainstorm sessions client side and/or internally to develop campaigns and various initiatives
- Review insights on an ongoing basis, determine its importance in impacting results, prioritize and build out next steps for the team
- Stay on top of emerging behaviors, technologies, competitors and trends in the industry that could impact the client’s business
- Responsible for determining and implementing any adjustments to strategy based on performance or client feedback
- Acts as a consultant, providing expert advice to the client and guiding them in a direction that will have the most impact on their business
- Develop strong and trusting relationships between the client’s team, agency partners, and our internal team
- Provide leadership, consulting and support during strategy, ideation, and execution of digital marketing
- Acts as an internal resource and is an advocate for our team and their recommendations
- Serve as a creative consultant to the advertising team, utilizing their birds eye view of the account to assist with strategies and planning to create action items that drive engagement and help to better understand user behavior
- Work with the team to ensure “the vision” of any campaign is fully realized to the highest standards and achieves goals
- Internal and external training related to strategy positioning, e.g. client’s industry best practices, impacts on the account of any changes in digital marketing, setting goals and KPIs, campaign planning, etc. and consulting as needed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of internal strategy policies, processes and standards including product development and tool usage.
- Helps team members at every level in the company with strategic positioning of their client’s brand.
- Analyze and resolve account problems and issues that create roadblocks for achieving business goals
- Analyze campaign performance data and optimize account activities to achieve business goals
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation decks and other materials for clients; present to clients when requested
Business Development Support
- Develop strategies, inclusive of specific agency capabilities that align with a prospective client’s business goals and objectives, target markets, and overall needs
- Work with the sales team to develop scopes based on these strategies, including reviewing proposals, helping with pitch decks, and participating in calls with prospects
- In-depth, working knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing — understands the nuances and implications of any given tactic, particularly how it impacts the customer journey
- Ability to connect the dots and tie together actions with an output of achieving business goals and objectives
- A highly analytical thinker able to understand what is and isn’t effective and execute on it
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to see the big picture, yet drive specific initiatives to reach incremental success goals
- Knowledge and expertise in business and financial models, product planning, channel marketing, customer and marketing research in the B2B space
- A deep understanding of content marketing and full-funnel strategies, and how they align to achieve a client’s goal
- A thorough understanding of and experience with marketing and sales funnels, i.e. MELs, MQLs, SQLs, etc
- Direct experience developing and running ABM campaigns and ability to align sales and marketing teams for effective targeted engagements
- Understands how to use data effectively
- Ability to embed themselves in the client’s team
- Can act as a conductor to connect cross-functional teams in any discipline to execute together effectively on campaigns
- Are decisive in nature and comfortable making decisions when others are unable to
- Can position themselves to be seen as a true extension of the client’s team
- Project management skills and experience working with tracking tools
- Proficient understanding of:
- Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and understanding of:
- Google Analytics
- Digital advertising platforms including: Google and Bing Ads, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and programmatic DSPs.
- Usability Testing Tools
Dragon360 ignites brands. We help our partners—some of the largest companies in the world—solve core business challenges with our people-first approach: unearthing insight, crafting opportunity, and igniting change. Fiercely independent since 2007, Dragon360 has evolved into a full-service digital marketing agency with team members around the world and headquarters in historic Kingston, NY.
Dragons are real.
It’s more than just a catchy line—it’s fundamentally how we operate day-to-day. At Dragon360, no idea is too small, and everyone has a seat at the table. Because our team of Dragons are united by our core beliefs:
- Be tenacious. Constantly think differently by making creativity and learning a practice. Craft compelling solutions—no matter the challenge.
- Get involved. Respect and value each other and all beings, and the environment and communities in which we live.
- Hold each other’s feet to the fire. Get it done, and do it well. Stay accountable, reliable, and offer as much encouragement as criticism to produce our collective best work.
- Dragons are real. Be authentic and transparent when dealing with each other and our partners. Own and learn from the wins and the losses.
- 75% contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule
- Fitness stipend
- Education stipend
- Local organic produce via our farm share (CSA)
- New client referral bonuses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Monthly volunteering opportunities
- Dog-friendly, loft-style office space with mountain views in walkable Uptown Kingston
- All the chocolate you can eat (We’re serious: we have a line item in our budget for it!)
Work remotely, or from our Kingston space in the beautiful Hudson Valley in the foothills of the Catskills (about 2 hours north of NYC).