The Account Strategist is responsible for the successful development and execution of digital strategy, combining their in-depth knowledge of marketing tactics along with a deep understanding of the brand’s business and industry to forge effective campaigns and deliver recommendations that directly impact the bottom line. They develop a plan for how the brand is experienced through digital marketing initiatives and oversees the day-to-day execution of campaigns within the broader plan. They are progressive thinkers with a focus on driving growth for the brand and are fiercely adept at finding creative solutions to any problem or roadblock that might arise.
This is a full-time contractor position that will be for a brand in the debt repayment space. The ideal candidate will have experience in this industry along with the necessary skill set to be successful in the role.
Digital Strategy & Planning
- Creation, execution, and management of both short-term and long-term campaign strategies and the purpose of each tactic in how it aligns to and helps achieve the brands goals.
- Conduct research, interviews, and gather data in the campaign discovery phase such as: market opportunities, audience targets, competitive analysis, and current performance metrics.
- Oversee audience research activities in conjunction with internal and/or external team members that are conducting this research.
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Oversee deliverables within a defined scope, timeline and budget.
- Set key performance metrics and establish a project approach.
- Conduct brainstorm sessions brand side and/or internally to develop campaigns and various initiatives.
- Review insights on an ongoing basis, determine its importance in impacting results, prioritize and build out next steps for the team.
- Stay on top of emerging behaviors, technologies, competitors and trends in the industry that could impact the brand’s business.
- Responsible for determining and implementing any adjustments to strategy based on performance or brand feedback
- Acts as a consultant, providing expert advice to the brand and guiding them in a direction that will have the most impact on their business.
- Manage the brand relationship to ensure mutual success along with project longevity & contract renewal.
- Provide thought leadership on new media strategies.
- Manage expectations.
- Acts as a liaison between the brandand team.
- Run point on regular check-ins..
- Disseminate reporting + other data on an ongoing basis.
- Are ultimately responsible for anything that goes out the door, making sure the work is high quality and will have an impact on achieving the brand’s goals.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships between the brand’s team, agency partners, and the Dragon360 internal team.
- Provide leadership, consulting and support during strategy, ideation, and execution of digital marketing.
- Acts as an internal resource and is an advocate for our storytelling and innovations.
- Serve as a creative consultant to the advertising team, utilizing their birds eye view of the account to assist with strategies and planning to create action items that drive engagement and help to better understand user behavior.
- Work with the Dragon team on the account to ensure “the vision” of any campaign is fully realized and that any work going out the door meets our quality and value standards.
- Act as a project manager on the account to bring initiatives from discovery to execution, mapping out timelines and scopes, assigning and scheduling campaigns, and analyzing results through project recaps.
- Internal and external training related to strategy positioning, i.e. industry best practices, impacts on the account of any changes in digital marketing, setting goals and kpis, campaign planning, etc. and consulting as needed.
- Participates in the development and implementation of internal strategy policies, processes and standards including product development and tool usage.
- Helps team members at every level in the company with strategic positioning of their brand.
- Analyze and resolve account problems and issues that create roadblocks for achieving business goals.
- Analyze campaign performance data across channels and optimize account activities to achieve business goals.
- Oversight and reporting of omnichannel media performance and overall impact on business.
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation decks and other materials and present when requested.
- 7+ Years of experience in financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Able to execute strategies from start to finish, going from high level to in the weeds to analyze, provide insights, and make shifts that impact the bottom line.
- Paid media experience in the following areas:
- Connected TV, with Roku / Dataxu experience preferred
- Programmatic Display
- Paid Search
- Proficient understanding of:
- Google Analytics
- Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and understanding of:
- Google Ad Platform
- Microsoft Advertising
- Facebook/Instagram Ads
- YouTube Advertising
- Display and Programmatic
- Other Channels (as needed or arise)
- Screaming Frog
- Usability Testing Tools
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment
- In-depth, working knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing – understands the nuances and implications of any given tactic, particularly how it impacts the customer journey of the user.
- Are “people persons”, naturally good at building relationships and comfortable talking to people, whether they are a C-suite executive or someone with their boots on the ground.
- Are able to juggle many moving parts on a daily basis.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to connect the dots and tie together actions with an output of achieving business goals and objectives.
- Ability to see the big picture, yet drive specific initiatives to reach incremental success goals.
- Knowledge and expertise in business models, financial models, product planning, channel marketing, customer and marketing research.
- A deep understanding of content marketing and full-funnel strategies and how they can be aligned to achieve the brand’s goal.
- Understands how to use data effectively.
- Ability to embed themselves in the brand’s team and show value on an ongoing basis.
- Adept at managing employees at all levels of the business and can garner mutual respect..
- Can act as a conductor to connect cross-functional teams in any discipline to execute together effectively on campaigns.
- Are decisive in nature and comfortable making decisions when others are unable to.
Work remotely, or from our Kingston space in the beautiful Hudson Valley in the foothills of the Catskills (about 2 hours north of NYC).