The Advertising + Media Team Lead is a strategist and leader at the intersection of brand, business, and the customer journey. The Advertising + Media Team Lead is responsible for providing guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to the advertising and media team, in addition to developing and executing advertising strategies for key clients. They draw from a deep knowledge of digital advertising and media channels, tying business goals and objectives together with audience insights to craft metrics-driven, integrated campaigns that drive business results. Effectively communicating strategic insights and recommendations to clients, they are a master of branching the gap between advertising jargon and business nomenclature while seeing the role of advertising within the larger marketing picture of the client’s organization.
This is a managerial position that reports directly to the Head of Operations. The Advertising + Media Team Lead is a champion of their team, accelerating employee and agency growth through exceptional employee development, advocacy, and mentorship. They will work closely with other senior leaders across marketing/business development, creative, ops, and tech to continuously push the agency forward by staying at the forefront of digital marketing and advertising.
Strategy, Planning, + Execution
- Strategic planning, oversight, and executing multi-channel B2B and B2C advertising and media campaigns while providing performance analysis and recommendations.
- Research and develop advertising strategy from beginning to end including audience, keyword, competitive, and market research, measurable impact (KPIs, goals, objectives), and integration of channels to hit the overarching business goal of the client.
- Understands the purpose and objective of digital advertising within the larger marketing strategy of the client’s business, collaborating with brand-side stakeholders and other agency partners to achieve the common goal of the client’s business.
- Optimizes, refines, and scales advertising campaigns through in-depth analysis of market trends, competitive research, and historical advertising performance to maximize ROI of ad spend.
- Creates performance reports and campaign performance trends, insights, and recommendations to brand-side stakeholders, building and strengthening relationships in the process.
Collaboration + Training
- Overseeing, guiding, and building advertising ops functions—research, technical and tactical optimizations, media plans, reports—ensuring the highest level of consistency and quality of customer experience and results.
- Leading, motivating, inspiring, and growing advertising and media team members.
- Conducts and acts on performance reviews of advertising and media team members, following policies and protocols for performance concerns and advocating for exceptional performers.
- Collaborating with executives to solve problems and innovate while moving the agency forward.
- Stays abreast of the latest advertising trends, channels, and opportunities, sharing insights and potential impacts with team members and clients.
- Defining and advocating for advertising functions and how they intersect with workflows across the agency.
Business Development Support
- Creating thought leadership content alongside other executives.
- Helps to develop pitches and sell-in winning advertising strategies that produce new business
- Brings in new opportunities through personal connections and network.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing and executing digital advertising campaigns from start to finish, preferably within a digital agency.
- Minimum 2 years of leading an advertising team or department, preferably within a digital agency.
- Deep knowledge of paid search, paid social, retargeting, and programmatic media including technical and tactical elements of creating and managing campaigns within platforms. Must be experts in Google Ads and Facebook Advertising, with additional experience in LinkedIn Ads and programmatic DSPs preferred.
- Can analyze and diagnose problems or challenges, finding creative solutions to remove roadblocks from achieving client success.
- Holistic and integrated strategic understanding of digital advertising channels, how they operate individually and collaboratively within the overall advertising strategy, and the purpose each serves to achieve the client’s business goals.
- Business-mindset grounded in data, sales funnels, and marketing processes.
- Can go from big picture to deep in the weeds in a blink of an eye, and know where they need to be when. Is as comfortable leading a team as they are rolling up their sleeves and jumping into tactical work.
- Inspires and motivates team members to reach peak potential, building strong, trusted relationships in the process.
- Exemplary written, oral, and presentation skills. Superior client-whisper-er that can translate and sell campaign concepts, strategies, and advertising decisions.
- Mastery of industry tools including: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Advertising, LinkedIn Ads, programmatic DSps, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Asana or similar project management tools, etc.
Dragon360 ignites brands. We help our partners—some of the largest companies in the world—solve core business challenges with our people-first approach: unearthing insight, crafting opportunity, and igniting change. Fiercely independent since 2007, Dragon360 has evolved into a full-service digital marketing agency with team members around the world and headquarters in historic Kingston, NY.
Dragons are real.
It’s more than just a catchy line—it’s fundamentally how we operate day-to-day. At Dragon360, no idea is too small, and everyone has a seat at the table. Because our team of Dragons are united by our core beliefs:
- Be tenacious. Constantly think differently by making creativity and learning a practice. Craft compelling solutions—no matter the challenge.
- Get involved. Respect and value each other and all beings, and the environment and communities in which we live.
- Hold each other’s feet to the fire. Get it done, and do it well. Stay accountable, reliable, and offer as much encouragement as criticism to produce our collective best work.
- Dragons are real. Be authentic and transparent when dealing with each other and our partners. Own and learn from the wins and the losses.
- 75% contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule
- Fitness stipend
- Education stipend
- Local organic produce via our farm share (CSA)
- New client referral bonuses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Monthly volunteering opportunities
- Dog-friendly, loft-style office space with mountain views in walkable Uptown Kingston
- All the chocolate you can eat (We’re serious: we have a line item in our budget for it!)
Work from our Kingston space in the beautiful Hudson Valley in the foothills of the Catskills (about 2 hours north of NYC).
Want to play with fire?
Send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three reasons why you should be a Dragon to [email protected].