Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant Career Opportunity
Location: Kingston, NY
Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
You are highly proficient in QuickBooks, love keeping things super organized and are obsessed with ensuring accuracy in your bookkeeping and other work. Your intuition for business keeps you atop of the finances and drives your decision making. No tiny detail escapes your attention; you’re a great listener and you ask the right questions (think Shark Tank). You are driven to provide outstanding customer service and understand the huge impact it has on client happiness and our success. You are reliable and here to support the team by collaborating and helping proactively.
At DragonSearch, we focus on innovative yet sustainable, long-term strategies that can sometimes grow new clients very quickly but always have the big picture in mind, ensuring a relationship built on long-term success. All our team members will be called on often to look creatively at problems, apply traditional business skills to their day-to-day duties, and bring excellent soft skills to the table as we guide and educate our prospects to achieve their business goals.
- Record, reconcile and audit accounting data
- Post transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements and/or accounts payable and receivable
- Properly code and categorize all transactions
- Prepare and disburse payments to, and handle relationships and projects with vendors, contractors, and other parties
- Prepare financial statements, cost reports and bank reconciliations as needed
- Interpret contracts in order to set up and execute all billing and bookkeeping accurately and swiftly
- Build relationships and trust with clients; learn about their business and processes, and work with them on establishing a smooth and effective billing and payment process
- Check and review all invoices, bills, payments, etc. to ensure accuracy and conformance to established accounting procedures
- Own, manage and ensure timely follow up on billing, A/R, and all other projects and issues
- Coordinate with various DragonSearch account managers and teams to ensure invoices are correct and the team is aware about payment delays and other related situations
- Own bookkeeping, HR and other documentation organization, maintenance, filing both electronically and physically
- Manage and improve the documentation and organization processes
- Work closely with COO and President, and other team members to stay atop of bookkeeping and other projects
- Assist the COO in operations such as hiring/onboarding process, IT related needs, organizing team development projects, etc.
- You are the first line of communication when someone calls our office or walks through our door
- Greet and welcome each visitor/caller in a friendly, warm and professional manner
- Handle incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Ensure that office, kitchen and reception area are organized and clean at all times
What You Bring to the Table
- Fluent and efficient in QuickBooks and Excel
- At least two years of paraprofessional accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Proficient with Google Docs/Sheets and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Good knowledge of modern accounting theory, principles and practices; accounting terminology; financial record keeping, reporting, and budget preparation
- Ability to analyze accounting and financial transactions and make original or adjusting entries; ability to read and comprehend financial transactions; ability to trace transactions through financial records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- You know how to dig in and understand the problems each business faces and apply your passion for problem solving and data to clearly and effectively communicate and get things resolved quickly
- Customer service driven; you have a good grasp for how businesses work, what makes them successful, and how outstanding customer service can make a huge impact on client happiness and our success
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with clients, administration, staff, consultants, regulators, and management in a team-oriented environment
- Connecting and building relationships with others is deeply ingrained in who you are
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and make contact about any issues, including late payments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Expert of collaboration, getting different people and opinions on the same page, and finding solutions that resonate with all stakeholders
- Detail oriented, logical, methodological approach to problem solving and excellent common sense
- Go-getter; owns issues, problem solves proactively, through, and follows through
- Flexible, ability to work well in a highly demanding, stressful environment: thrives under urgency but doesn’t compromise quality
- Personable and inquisitive; asks lots of good, thoughtful questions
- Takes great notes, very detail oriented
- Large appetite for constantly learning, pushing the limits, and challenging yourself and your knowledge of business and beyond
One of the best things about working at DragonSearch is the incredible employee lead culture we have. A sense of humor; a down-to-earth attitude; an inquisitive, receptive mind; and a fun outlook on life typify our ideal candidate. There are a lot of people accomplishing great things here: the bar is set high, we’re all reaching for it, and we’ll be rooting for you to reach it too. We don’t have to tell you it’s a fast-paced environment, right? Or that we work in a team setting? Or that we practice and preach shared responsibilities? Of course not; you knew that.
DragonSearch has a strong national reputation as a strategy-focused, process driven digital marketing agency that solves real business problems. We work with companies in a variety of industries worldwide to help them build and manage their online presence and grow their business, through integration of Search Engine Optimization, social media, content marketing and targeted digital advertising campaigns that improve lead generation, eCommerce revenue, and online branding. We help large and mid-sized businesses start, maintain and improve their digital marketing outcomes. We’re an organization focused on self-learning, which strives to put the most current, relevant industry knowledge into action every day of the year.
Tell Us Why We Should Hire You
Send us your letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, include three reasons we should hire you and examples of your work. Want to really get our attention? Find us online. Interact and earn the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.